There lived a weaver in a town. He was very calm, gentle and loyal in nature. He was never angry. Once some boys got a prank. They all approached the weaver thinking that see how he does not get angry?
Then the boy, in order to tease her, cut the sari into two pieces and took one piece in his hand and said - I do not want the whole sari, I want half. What will it cost?
The weaver calmly said 5 rupees. The boy divided that piece into two parts and asked the price? The weaver still calm. He told - two and a half rupees.
The boy continued to cut the sari like this. Finally said - now I do not want this saree. What are these pieces of use to me?
Now the boy felt ashamed and started saying - I have harmed you. I will pay the price of your saree. The weaver said that when you have not taken the sari, then how can I take money from you?
The boy got proud and he started saying, I am a very rich man and you are very poor. If I give money, I will not mind, but how will you bear this loss? And if I have done the loss, then I should also make up for the loss.
The weaver smiled and said - you cannot make up for this loss. Think how much labor the farmer took, then cotton was produced. Then my wife woven that cotton with her own hard work and spun the yarn. Then I dyed and knitted it. Such hard work is successful only when someone wears it, benefits from it, uses it.
But you broke it into pieces. How will this deficit be met by rupees. Instead of indignation in the weaver's voice, there was extreme kindness and gentleness.
The boy became shame. His eyes widened and he fell at the feet of the saint. The weaver picked him up lovingly and while waving her hand on her back, said - Son, if I had taken your money, my work would have gone on in it, but the condition of your life would have been the same as that of that sari. Nobody benefits from it. One saree is gone, I will make another. But once your life is destroyed in ego, from where will you get another? Your repentance is very precious to me.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment